Follow our Simple DIY guide on how to make egg rolls with pictures in Nigeria. This African Egg roll is very popular amongst Africans and is very different from the famous Chinese Egg roll.
The best Nigerian egg roll recipe will be shared with you today. The Nigerian egg roll preparation doesn’t require much steps but carefulness in its preparation so you can get the right rolls you will love to drive your teeth in.
The Naija based egg buns is a boiled egg wrapped in mass dough which is later deep-fried. It is a common thing go see the Nigerian egg roll in the sold in the streets and consumed by tea lovers plus students.
READ MORE: How To Make Vegetable Sauce with Rice
Like Scotch egg, the African egg roll is simple to make and is deep fried. However, an important factor that makes it taste so great lies in the preparation of the dough. You must make sure that the Eggroll dough should be a little wet when preparing it. This guarantees the dough turning out well after 15 to 20 minutes after the dough is left to rest.
Although soft, you will discover that the soft dough is easily manipulated and workable. If you wait out the recommended time above, your final result should turn out nice looking and yummy!
At times, food lovers confuse egg roll for Scotch egg, these two are very different and are certainly not the same!
Our primary focus today is on how to make egg rolls with pictures, in more posts to come, I will teach how to make Scotch egg.
How to Make Egg Rolls in Nigeria| Best Nigerian Egg Roll Recipe
We will reveal to you an easy way to make egg rolls and the best tips on how to make sweet egg rolls. Plus, also be sharing a how to make egg roll video later in this post.
Ingredients| Prep Time: 25 minutes| Cook Time: 10 minutes| Servings: 6
- Flour (2 Cups)
- Egg (1)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Margarine (Two Tbsp)
- Water (8-9 Tbsp)
- Boiled Eggs (5)
- Sugar (2 tablespoon)
READ MORE: How To Cook Nigerian Vegetable Stew
MUST READ—-VERY IMPORTANT!
- Avoid (I repeat), avoid wrapping all the eggs at once unless you are ready to fry them straight away. You should only wrap the quantity you can fry immediately. Because, if all eggs are wrapped and kept, the dough containing each egg will continue to rise. The result of this is nasty, no doubt as the dough will lose its snug fit around the egg by the time you fry.
- The Nigerian Egg Roll must be fried on a medium heat. Frying it on high heat will hinder the Egg Roll from cooking on the inside. Also, you need not worry about the Egg Roll becoming soggy in the Oil as long as the Oil is not cold.
- Do not be selfish in your use of oil. Use enough Oil to deep fry in other to get the best result.
- An alternative method aside frying is baking. However, the Egg Roll will not be as soft on the inside as the deep fried one.
Instructions on How to Cook Egg Rolls in Nigeria
How to make egg buns? Continue reading…..
- Get a large bowl, mix together the Baking powder, Flour, Sugar, Salt and Nutmeg
- Use your fingers (two or more) to blend the Margarine into the flour until it’s crumbly.
- Next, add the beaten egg and mix together. The dough should look somewhat dry at this point.
- The fourth step of this egg roll preparation is the introducing water little by little at a time while working the dough till it is soft and sticky but still workable.
- Work the dough for another minute before covering it and let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover it, again, work the dough for a few seconds or a minute and divide it into 5 parts.
- Wrap each of the dough around each Egg tightly.
- Fry on medium heat on a pan or pot while turning it over and over again until its color has become golden brown.
- Congrats! Your egg roll is ready and can be served warm or hot. Enjoy!
How to Fry Egg roll in Naija video:
READ MORE: How To Make Vegetable Sauce For Yam
Now that you know how to make egg rolls with pictures in 9ja, support us by sharing this posts on social media.